I just live-Facebooked part of the NRA’s press conference today, which was billed as a response to the Newtown murders. Here are some of my thoughts:
- One of the NRA execs is defending armed guards right now. This is unbearable.
- Now he’s blaming mental illness for the problem. I am sorry, but the thousands of people who kill others with handguns every year in the country are not mentally ill. It’s GUNS that are the problem, not a few unstable men.
- The NRA is unabashed. They are giving a talk right now that blames EVERYONE but themselves.
- If this is what the NRA calls their RESPONSE TO THE MURDERS, This country is going to HELL. ANOTHER PROTESTER IS DISRUPTING THE EVENT. YAY!
- Now he’s blaming the media, video games, journalists. ARE WE LIVING IN A TWISTED, FUTURISTIC SCI-FI NOVEL?
- He just said the best thing to defend against a bad guy with a gun is a GOOD GUY with a gun. NRAblog Unbelievable.
- He is actually saying, What if Adam Lanza had been confronted by ‘qualified armed security’? OMG. NRA Country
- OMG, ‘Can’t we afford to put a police office in every single school’? Is THIS the world he wants to live in? Fine, but I don’t.
- Sorry, folks, these posts will stop soon, but this is just nutz.
And what did YOU think of it?